Sign Up for Action Alerts
About Secular AZ
The Secular Coalition for Arizona is our 501(c)4 nonprofit advocacy organization that works to ensure a secular state government. We advocate on behalf of all individuals who believe that public policy free of religious preference is the best way to ensure freedom of conscience for Arizonans of all faiths and of none.
Secular Communities for Arizona is our 501(c)3 nonprofit arm, offering educational and civic programming. Secular Communities for Arizona works to educate Arizona's citizens and state-level legislators about secular issues. We promote understanding of secular values and the importance of evidence-based information in education, medicine, and public policy.
Together, we are Secular AZ.
We represent the Arizona secular community — a vibrant and growing community of Arizonans who self-identify as atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, and other labels of personal choosing — and work to shore up the wall between church and state.
Secular AZ Library
Looking to know more about the principles of secularism? Need some great reading material? Drop by our NEW Secular Library.
Member articles, book recommendations, periodical links, free resources, video links and events all in one place!
“Secular” does not mean “anti-religion.“ As Arizona’s voice for secular government, SC Arizona is supported by individuals who believe that government policy must remain free of religious bias.
Health & Safety
The Secular Coalition for Arizona is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit advocacy organization that works to ensure a secular state government.
Questions to Ask Elected Officials & Candidates
The answers given by elected officials and candidates to these questions can help to reveal whether they respect separation of church and state and secular public policy.
- Do you support enacting laws that codify religious beliefs and doctrine into law?
- Should a person's sincere claims of religious liberty be accommodated in law even if the accommodation infringes on the rights of others?
- Because a prayer generally occurs before each legislative session, do you support nontheistic legislators giving secular invocations?
- Do you support abstinence-only sex education?
- Should religious entities receive tax breaks that shift the burden of supporting their faith from their adherents to the general public?
- Do you support the use of public funds to subsidize tuition at religious schools?
- Do you believe that the law should restrict access to medically prescribed abortions?
- Do you support the teaching of science in public schools that is free from religious doctrine and influence?
- Would you vote for a qualified candidate who is also an atheist?