Hey Arizonans… Ever seen those “In God We Trust” license plates? Did you know that $17 for each plate sold goes to the Alliance Defending Freedom, an anti-LGBTQ, anti-reproductive rights organization designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center? Over the years, almost $1million in taxpayer money has been funneled to ADF!
Why are taxpayer dollars going to a hate group?
According to the SPLC, ADF:
- supports the recriminalization of homosexuality in the U.S. & criminalization abroad
- defends state-sanctioned sterilization of trans people abroad
- links homosexuality to pedophilia
- claims that a “homosexual agenda” will destroy Christianity & society
- works to develop “religious liberty” legislation & case law to allow the denial of goods & services to LGBT people on the basis of religion
Arizona taxpayer money should not be funding hate… and we are working to stop it. Together with the American Atheists, we’ve erected billboards in Phoenix and Tucson to raise awareness of this issue.
Will you help us spread the word?
- Take action at https://www.licenseplatehate.org
- Help fund our fight against hate at secularaz.org/donate
Your gift will help us spread the word accross the state! Together, we can end this despicable practice.