Sign Up for Action Alerts
“Secular” does not mean “anti-religion.“ As Arizona’s voice for secular government, SC Arizona is supported by individuals who believe that government policy must remain free of religious bias.
Health & Safety
The Secular Coalition for Arizona is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit advocacy organization that works to ensure a secular state government.
Questions to Ask Elected Officials & Candidates
The answers given by elected officials and candidates to these questions can help to reveal whether they respect separation of church and state and secular public policy.
- Do you support enacting laws that codify religious beliefs and doctrine into law?
- Should a person's sincere claims of religious liberty be accommodated in law even if the accommodation infringes on the rights of others?
- Because a prayer generally occurs before each legislative session, do you support nontheistic legislators giving secular invocations?
- Do you support abstinence only sex education?
- Should religious entities receive tax breaks that shift the burden of supporting their faith from their adherents to the general public?
- Do you support the use of public funds to subsidize tuition at religious schools?
- Do you believe that the law should restrict access to medically prescribed abortions?
- Do you support the teaching of science in public schools that is free from religious doctrine and influence?
- Would you vote for a qualified candidate who is also an atheist?