- Accurate, factual scientific information — not religious dogma or theology — should form the basis for determining the validity and efficacy of public health policy and legislative measures pertaining to medical care.
- Healthcare policy must not be based on religious assumptions about human sexuality or human development.
- Refusal of service on religious grounds is unacceptable; patients should never be kept from making informed healthcare decisions nor be treated with discrimination based on the religious doctrines of healthcare facility owners or medical providers.
- Government should not endorse or legitimize “religious” medical practice, including faith-based healing, religious vaccination exemptions, and ungrounded New Age medicine.
- End-of-life choices, including death with dignity and medical aid in dying, must be safeguarded from religious intrusion or theological definitions of “life” or “personhood.”
- Religious belief is not a valid rationale for denying insurance coverage, medical care, or accurate medical information.
- Everyone has a right to autonomy in healthcare decision-making, free from religiously motivated restrictions on choice and safe from manipulation based on theological assumptions about human development or the value of genetic material.
Reproductive Justice and Reproductive Rights
- All humans have the right to maintain personal bodily autonomy, including the right to have a child, the right to not have a child, and the right to parent a child or children in safe and healthy environments; this right cannot be denied due to religious belief.
- Individuals' rights to access reproductive health services — including contraception and safe, legal abortion — cannot be denied due to religious belief.
- Public policy should ensure fact-based science and comprehensive sex education.
- Public funds should not be diverted into private religious schools.
- Government-sponsored marriage must be based on secular definitions and must be equal for any consenting adults with legal standing regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation, etc.
- Religious privilege should not influence who may legally perform marriages or in qualifications to provide any state-required marriage/premarital/divorce counseling
- Taxpayer-funded state and federal military must serve the beliefs of all service members without privileging one belief over another or discriminating against nontheistic beliefs.
- Special property tax exemptions for churches should be eliminated, along with other tax privileges not available to secular charities and civic or social organizations.
- Religious organizations should meet the same tax criteria any secular organization must meet.
- Personal religious expression is protected speech under the First Amendment.
- Government-endorsed religious expression (including any state-sponsored "Day of Prayer," oaths of office, pledge of allegiance, prayers to open or adjourn any government meetings, religiously based policy, etc.) is a violation of the constitutionally established wall of protection between church and state.