Southern AZ friends: we just got a last-minute head’s up from a secular activist in Tucson who discovered that a seemingly-innocuous “Southern Arizona Values in Education” conference tomorrow, 8/5/23, is organized by a new anti-public education PAC, with a goal to indoctrinate uninformed parents into extreme Christian nationalist, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-public education viewpoints.
The speakers are known for encouraging parents to disrupt school district meetings statewide; saying public schools are “grooming” students for sex; calling for book bans; making false claims against transgender people; denying facts about COVID; and calling for people to pursue “Biblical Citizenship.”
What you can do:
- Get a ticket at https://bit.ly/ValuesConference (donate only $1 – “donations of any amount are welcome”)
- Arrive at 8 am or earlier at Catalina Foothills Church, 2150 E. Orange Grove Rd., Tucson, AZ 85718, Room 304
- Plan on being peaceful and polite. We will not cause a disruption. (The event will be safe to attend.)
- Wear a blue shirt to identify yourself to fellow secular activists
- Record the speakers with your phone
- Ask courteous questions to draw the speakers out, like “What are your plans to increase public school funding?”
If you need help, please don’t hesitate to reply.