Request to Speak is the Legislature’s system to register public opinion about bills being heard in committee.
You may create your account from anywhere. However, in order to begin using it, you must make your first login at the state Capitol. We can do this for you. Fill out the form here if you would like us to.
How to use RTS:
- Log in at apps.azleg.gov. (We recommend bookmarking this page.)
- Click the big “Request to Speak” button
- Click “New Request” in the lefthand column
- Enter the number of the bill you’d like to comment on under “search phrase” and hit “Search.” Click on “Add Request” under the search result for your bill.
- Fill out the section requesting your position on the bill. Indicate whether you would like to speak. Write any comments you wish to leave for lawmakers. (Remember your comments become public record.)
- Optional: if you choose to speak before committee, make sure to check “Yes – Remotely” while the Legislature remains closed due to COVID-19. Follow the instructions given on the right afterward about emailing the committee to request the Zoom login information with 24 hours notice.
- Hit submit on the page above, and you’ll be taken to the screen below to show when your position is successfully registered!
If you have any difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help!
You can also view a helpful tutorial video here.
Thank you for getting more engaged defending secular government!
-The Secular AZ Team