We often ask you to sign into the RTS or “Request to Speak” system in support of or opposition to bills. Here's how to use it. Keep in mind that:
- You may only comment on bills that are currently assigned to a committee agenda; once the bill is heard in committee, you may not add a comment.
- You must initially activate your account at the AZ State Capitol or Tucson Legislative Office. We can help if you are not able to do it in person. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and email address, and let us know you need your RTS account activated.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use RTS from the comfort of your own home.
1. Once you have an activated account, go to https:apps.azleg.gov and sign in (top right corner):
2. Click on the large blue "Request to Speak" button:
3. Click on "New Request" (column on left):
4. Enter bill number, topic or description in the "Search Phrase" field:
5. In "Search Results," click "Add Request":
6. Choose your position (thumbs up or down), note if you want to speak or not, add a comment (optional), and click "Submit":
Congratulations! You've just taken action.