Ban Assault Weapons, Not Drag Queens
Read Secular AZ Board member S …
Don’t Texas My Arizona!
“The Court has eroded the Esta …
Wanted: Owner/Operator of Her Own Uterus
Read Secular AZ Legal Director …
Why Gen Z May be Least Religious in U.S. History, According to 5 Young Arizonans
The Arizona Republic reports t …
Sami Al-Asady: What Do You Miss (and Not Miss) About Religion?
Secular AZ Board member and ac …
Dianne Post: Understanding Christian Nationalism: Is the U.S. in Trouble?
Secular AZ Legal Director Dian …
A Tale of Two Public School Systems
The most important responsibility a state has is the education of its children! When education is viewed as gaining knowledge, instead of just passing from grade to grade to graduation, its leaders recognize that every qualitative aspect of a society is determined by the success or failure of its educational system.
Empty the Pews: Stories of Leaving the Church
The Seven Necessary Sins for Women and Girls
Moral Combat: Black Atheists, Gender Politics and the Values Wars
Phillip Gorski and Samuel Perry
The Flag and the Cross: White Christian Nationalism and the Threat to American Democracy
The Power Worshippers: Inside the Dangerous Rise of Christian Nationalism
Jeannine Hill Fletcher
Sin of White Supremacy: Christianity, Racism and Religious Diversity in America
Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement
Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism
A Brief History of Time
The Demon-Haunted World:
Science as a Candle in the Dark
Andrew L. Seidel
The Founding Myth:
Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American
The Good News Club:
The Christian Right’s Stealth Assault on America’s Children
Unfollow: A Memoir of Loving and Leaving the Westboro Baptist Church
Queer Disbelief: Why LGBTQ Equality is an Atheist Issue
The Age of Reason
Lex Bayor and John Figdor
Atheist Mind, Humanist Heart: Rewriting the 10 Commandments for the 21st Century
Educated: A Memoir
Howard Gilman & Erwin Chemerinsky
The Religious Clauses:
The Case for Separating Church and State
Andrew L. Whitehead and Samuel L. Perry
Taking America Back for God:
Christian Nationalism in the United States
The Complete Works at Project Gutenberg
The Writings of Thomas Paine: Project Gutenberg
White Evangelical Racism: The Politics of Morality in America
The Third Disestablishment: Church, State and American Culture 1945-1970
Isabella Kasselstrand & Phil Zuckerman
Christianity and the Limits of Minority Acceptance in America: God Loves (Almost) Everyone
Morgan Marietta and David C. Barker
One Nation, Two Realities: Dueling Facts in American Democracy
Articles and Reports
- A Christian Nation? Understanding the Threat of Christian Nationalism to American Democracy and Culture
- All Faiths and None: A Guide to Protecting Religious Liberty for Everyone
- A Religious Right to Abortion: Legal History and Analysis (2022)
- Report on Christian Nationalism and the January 6th Insurrection
- United States Commission on International Religious Freedom: A Global Overview of Official and Favored Religions and Legal Implications for Religious Freedom (Nov. 2022)
- February 3, 2023: Arizona Has a School Administrator Retention Crisis
- January 20, 2023: Two Religious Right “Trojan horse” Bills
- January 15, 2023: Standing Up to Politicians Targeting Drag Artists
- January 6, 2023: What Connects Evangelicals to Q-Anon?
- December 29, 2022: The State of Church:State Separation in AZ in 2022/What We Accomplished This Year
- December 24, 2022: How to Deal with Your Q-Anon Uncle This Weekend
- December 16, 2022: Four Historical Legal Facts About the War on Christmas
- December 9, 2022: Another FLDS Cult Leader Busted in Arizona
- December 2, 2022: The Stars of Sister Wives Know They’re in a Cult
- November 25, 2022: Pulling Loved Ones Back From Extremism
- November 17, 2022: When Reason Prevails
- November 11, 2022: Arizona Election Results: Where We Stand So Far
- November 4, 2022: Religious Conservatives’ Hypocrisy on Full Display
- October 28, 2022: Senate Write-In Candidates in LD 22
- October 17, 2022: Secular AZ Voting Guide
- October 7, 2022: Candidates Running on Election Denial
- September 30, 2022: What Role Should Religion Play in Schools?
- September 23, 2022: Top Things to Know in Secular Politics This Week
- September 16, 2022: Time’s Almost Up to Stop School Vouchers
- September 9, 2022: You’re Paying for Fundamentalist Bible Books for Kids
- September 2, 2022: Vouchers Exposed… Again
- August 26, 2022: No, Abortion Bans Don’t “Help Women”
- August 19, 2022: We Need to Talk About Vouchers
- August 12, 2022: What Primary Results Mean for Separation of Church and State
- August 5, 2022: Calling All Secular Officiants!
- July 22, 2022: Which AZ Democrats Voted with the Religious Right?
- July 13, 2022: Our 2022 Legislative Scorecard is Ready!
- July 1, 2022: The Supreme Court Reshaped Church and State – But We Can Still Act
- June 24, 2022: What to Know and DO About Roe Today
- June 11, 2022: How Did You Celebrate “Equal Opportunity for Life on Behalf of Unborn Black Babies Day”?
- June 3, 2022: Senator Rick Gray Says Forced Religion Solution to Gun Violence
- May 20, 2022: “Appeal to Heaven” Flag (Finally, Quietly) Taken Down
- May 13, 2022: Rally to Keep Religious Beliefs Off Our Bodies
- May 6, 2022: Six Ways You Can Support Safe Abortion Access Right Now
- April 29, 2022: Top Ways to Raise One Another Up This Week
- April 8, 2022: Your Voice is Having an Impact. Volunteer With Us to Keep it Up!
- April 5, 2022: Clear the Air About Your (Non) Religious Identity
- March 25, 2022: Go On Record Against Religious Education Bills
- February 19, 2022: Small Victories, Calls to Action and In-Person Events
- January 29, 2022: Navigating the Religious Onslaught
- January 13, 2022: Public Education on the Chopping Block in 2022
- January 6, 2022: The Biggest Corruptor of Young Minds is… Books?
- December 23, 2021: The New Definition of Religious Discrimination
- December 17, 2021: Protect a Secular Holiday Display at the Capitol
- December 6, 2021: Secular AZ Activists Shut Down Illegal Christian Nationalist Rally
- November 24, 2021: Honor Our Secular Stars on December 11
- November 17, 2021: Secular Summit Updates
- November 10, 2021: Powerhouse Panelists Join Our Secular Summit
- November 6, 2021: Drawing a Line at School Board Meetings
- October 28, 2021: Rep. Jamie Raskin at Secular Summit
- October 21, 2021: Aftermath of the Brutal 2021 Legislative Session
- October 15, 2021: The New Project Blitz Playbook
- October 8, 2021: Meet Secular AZ’s New Executive Director
- September 29, 2021: What’s Your Favorite Secular Invocation?
- September 22, 2021: Do You Know Who is Delivering Your Reproductive Healthcare?
- September 16, 2021: Wanted: Rogue Uteruses
- September 7, 2021: Let’s Talk About Christian Nationalism
- August 24, 2021: We’re Getting the Whole Picture on Legislative Prayer
- August 10, 2021: Could Religious Politics End with the Stroke of a Pen?
- July 30, 2021: Can Children Be Required to Recite the Pledge of Allegiance?
- June 20, 2021: Foster Kids to Carry Burdens for Religious Freedoms
- May 9, 2021: Three Important Updates: Sex Ed, Title X Reform, Abortion Ban
- April 18, 2021: The Governor Must Oppose Bills Perpetuating In-School Violence
- April 9, 2021: Extremist Bills Could Pass at the Drop of a Hat
- March 28, 2021: A Double Whammy of Major Religious Privilege Bills is Headed to the Senate Floor
- March 14, 2021: Senators Sympathized with Non-Religious People This Week
- March 7, 2021: Secular Day at the Capitol is March 15
- February 21, 2021: The Blitz Continues
- February 13, 2021: They Blitzed Congress in Person. Now Their Bills are Blitzing the Legislature.
- January 23, 2021: Does This Communion Come With COVID?
- December 5, 2020: Keeping Watch
- August 13, 2020: Bad News from SCOTUS for the Secular Community
- August 8, 2020: Primary Election Analysis
- July 17, 2020: Voting Deadlines and Upcoming Events
- July 10, 2020: Secular Stars and Secular Voter Guides
- July 3, 2020: Mandatory Government Funding of Religious Schools?
- June 29, 2020: Upcoming Chances to Meet With Elected Officials
- June 5, 2020: Racism and Religion in America
- May 18, 2020: House Resumes Business as (Un)Usual
- May 11, 2020: Coming This Summer (Eventually?)
- May 1, 2020: Religious Right Steers COVID-19 Decision-Making in AZ
- April 24, 2020: To Sine Die or Not to Sine Die… That is the Question
- April 18, 2020: Bible Classes Under Secular Spotlight in Camp Verde
- April 3, 2020: Tell Ducey “Don’t Block Abortion Access During Lockdown”
- March 27, 2020: Legislative News Bites
- March 21, 2020: $50M in COVID Relief Hung Up in the House
- March 6, 2020: Bill Would Send AZ Taxpayer $ to New Mexico Religious Schools
- February 28, 2020: An Apology is Not Enough
- February 14, 2020: Hate Bills Target Transgender Kids
- December 20, 2019: Secular Summit RoundUp
- December 8, 2019: Scottsdale Set to Waste Thousand$ on Invocation Lawsuit
- November 23, 2019: Chandler Unified School District Cuts Sex Education for Grades 5-6
- November 15, 2019: Is It Legal for a Christian Nonprofit to Fire an Employee for Being Gay?
- November 11, 2019: Secret Recording Reveals Project Blitz is in Stealth Mode
- October 10, 2019: Can AZ Require Insurance to Cover Infertility Treatments? Not if Center for AZ Policy Has Its Way
- September 13, 2019: A Secular Lawyer Walks Into a Bar…
- August 31, 2019: Now Scheduling Legislative Wrap-Ups
- August 24, 2019: Meet Secular Star Lawmakers at Phoenix and Tucson Happy Hours
- January 25, 2019: The 54th Legislature has Begun!